Engels Friedrich, the main ideas of the outstanding fighter and teacher of the proletariat, one of the founders of scientific communism, are summarized in this article.
Friedrich Engels brief ideas briefly
- If Karl Marx created the social philosophy of Marxism, then Friedrich Engels tried to build a philosophy that embraced society, thought, and nature, which was later called dialectical materialism. He set forth the ideas of general philosophy in the works “Dialectics of Nature” (1873–1886) and “Anti-Dühring” (1876–1878).
- In the 70s he developed his own interpretation of Hegelian philosophy: Engels divided it into a method and a system, revealing the contradiction between the "revolutionary" method and the "conservative" system. The thinker noted that philosophy plays an important role in the development of dialectical knowledge of history, nature, thinking and cognition.
- Engels noted that the main flaw of the previous philosophy is attempts to create a complete system of absolute truths in an incomplete cycle of the development of human knowledge. And it is impossible to demand from philosophy to resolve all contradictions, otherwise the whole philosophical system will come to an end.
- According to his point of view, absolute truth and absolute error do not exist. There is only an instructive meaning that affects the development of the spirituality of the nation.
- He distinguished 3 dialectical laws (“Dialectics of nature”) - the law of the interpenetration of opposites, the law of the mutual transition of quantity into quality, the law of negation of negation.
- Dialectics is the science of the universal laws of development and movement of nature, thinking and human society. The dialectization of science reveals many patterns in society and nature, reveals the most important form of natural science - thinking and the method of explanation.
- Engels' philosophical innovation is the creation of historical materialism. Its essence is that material production, the level of the economy and production relations influence the course of history, the fate of society and the state. Each stage of social development is associated with the entry of people into special production relations, independent of their will.
- Philosophical positions are not stable, they are constantly changing, refined, enriched in the process of social practice and the development of science.
- Together with Karl Marx, he developed the doctrine of education. Education is a social phenomenon that plays an important role in the development of historical formations, capitalism and socialism. Having advanced the theory of polytechnic education, Engels assured that physical education has a significant impact on the individual.
We hope that from this article you learned what are the main ideas of Friedrich Engels.